In a Zippin-powered Store
Information we collect
- Financial information, including payment method details, is collected and stored by a third-party payment processor and is managed by the retailer, not Zippin
- Zippin's technology tracks individuals within the store to understand shopping patterns and associate items with their accounts accurately.
- Zippin's technology collects data on how individuals within the stores interact with the store's systems, including information on shelves or products shoppers have interacted with.
- Zippin’s platform DOES NOT use biometric identifiers or facial recognition technology in any way.
- Zippin DOES NOT collect or store sensitive personally identifiable data such as names, emails, phone numbers, payment information, address, etc. However shoppers can elect to create an account on Zippin Shopper App (see below).
How Information is Collected
- Zippin's technology tracks individuals’ movements within the store to understand shopping patterns and associate items accurately with their accounts. This involves collecting location data and monitoring interactions with store shelves and products.
- Zippin checkout-free stores may collect and store anonymized and aggregated information about purchase history, including details of products purchased, quantities, and timestamps. This data enables personalized shopping sessions and improves customer service.
- Payment data is handled securely through a trusted third-party payment provider, which strictly adheres to all relevant security protocols. Zippin's technology receives an anonymous shopper token (UUID) from the payment partner. This token enables us to create a virtual shopping cart, facilitating communication with the payment gateway to process payments.
- In specific circumstances, limited information (such as the type of card, last 4 digits, or the expiration date) is accessible by Zippin for a limited time after the transaction at the choice of the retailer. This is solely to provide customers with receipts and resolve transaction inquiries.
Using the Zippin Website or Mobile Apps
Information we collect
When you use our checkout-free platform through the Zippin Shopper App, we may collect personal information that can identify you directly or indirectly. This may include but is not limited to:
- Zippin collects account information such as name, email address, and password for users who use the Zippin Shopper App.
- Account information is processed by a third-party authentication processor. Users may create an account using their Apple or Google account, subject to the terms and policies of those third-party accounts.
- Information included in the user's profile, such as name, email address, and zip code, is collected for users who use the Zippin Shopper App.
- Zippin-powered checkout-free stores collect and store information about purchase history, including product details, quantities, and timestamps.
We may also collect non-personal information, which does not directly identify you. This information may include:
IP Address Information and Other Information Collected Automatically
- Information such as device type, IP address, operating system, and timestamps is automatically collected to administer and improve the services.
- In the event of app crashes, information about the mobile device model, software version, and carrier may be collected.
- Feedback and contact information provided via email are collected for the purpose of responding to inquiries.
- Additional personal information may be collected through surveys, contests, or promotions.
- Voluntarily provided personal information and information collected through other points in the services may be collected.
- Zippin may receive confirmation when an email or newsletter is opened to improve customer service.
How Information is Collected
- When shoppers or retailers create an account in the Zippin Mobile Apps, they may be required to provide personal information such as their name, email address, and contact details. Using the Zippin mobile apps may also expose data such as device ID, location data, and interactions within the app.
- To facilitate transactions, Zippin checkout-free stores may collect payment information, such as credit card details, digital wallet information, or other payment credentials within the Zippin Mobile App.
- If you voluntarily complete a survey or provide feedback via email or another medium, or view our website via your web browser there may be data collected via the cookies (see below) used by Zippin.
How We Use Your Information
Provision of Services
- Personal information is used for account management purposes, including creating and authenticating accounts and communication related to accounts.
- IP address information is collected for internal use only and is not made publicly available. It may be shared with trusted partners and service providers.
- Customer data, such as purchase history and preferences, is analyzed to provide personalized shopping experiences.
- Personalized recommendations, promotions, and discounts are offered based on past purchases and individual preferences.
- Private information, especially payment details, is securely processed to ensure accurate transaction recording.
- Financial information is collected and stored by a trusted Payment Processor for transaction purposes.
- Personal information is utilized for customer support services, including responding to inquiries and addressing concerns related to the checkout-free store experience.
- Personal information is shared with third parties only when designated by the user or explicitly consented to for specific purposes.
- Contact information may be used for communication purposes.
- Communication may include account-related updates, promotional offers, and relevant information about our services.
- You have the ability to manage your communication preferences through your account settings.
Analytics and Improvements
- Non-personal information is analyzed to improve the platform, enhance user experience, and optimize services.
- Cookies, web beacons, and similar technologies may be used to collect information about interactions with the platform.
- Personal information is utilized to comply with laws, regulations, and legal processes.
- It is used to protect our rights, property, safety, as well as the rights, property, and safety of our users and the public.
- Accessing, preserving, and disclosing personal information may be necessary to satisfy legal requirements, enforce policies, prevent fraud or security issues, and safeguard rights, property, and safety.
Data Retention and Security
- Zippin retains collected information on the checkout-free platform based on purpose and legal requirements.
- Video clips are generally stored for 14 days.
- Personal information is deleted or anonymized when there's no legitimate business need. If immediate deletion is not possible, it is securely stored and isolated.
- Account information is protected with passwords. Users are responsible for selecting strong passwords, limiting device access, and signing off after sessions.
- While efforts are made to protect Account information, absolute security cannot be guaranteed due to factors like unauthorized access or hardware failures. Reasonable efforts are made to protect personal information, but absolute security cannot be guaranteed.
- Industry-standard security measures are employed. Data is encrypted at rest using industry-standard cryptographic security. Data in transit is encrypted using industry-standard TLS protocols with strong encryption algorithms.
- Encryption keys are managed by the cloud infrastructure vendor with hardened key management systems.
- Regular backups of MySQL data are performed with point-in-time recovery. Backup restores of MySQL data are tested at least quarterly.
How Information Is Shared
Service Providers or Sub-Processors
- Third-party service providers or sub-processors may be involved in delivering services and managing the platform.
- These providers may have access to personal information solely for performing their designated functions.
- They are obligated to maintain the confidentiality of the personal information.
- Personal information may be disclosed if required by law, court order, or governmental authority.
- Disclosure may also occur if necessary to protect our rights, enforce our terms of service, or respond to legal claims.
- Personal information may be transferred or disclosed in the event of a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets.
- You will be notified of any change in ownership or control of your personal information.
- Zippin may send you information about our products and services that we believe you might be interested in.
- If you have agreed to receive marketing, you can opt out later if you choose to.
- You have the right to stop Zippin from contacting you for marketing purposes at any time.
- To update your email preferences or unsubscribe from future emails, click the link at the bottom of our marketing communications.
Your Rights and Choices
Zippin would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access
- You have the right to request Zippin for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification
- You have the right to request that Zippin correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Zippin to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure
- You have the right to request that Zippin erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- Should you ever decide to delete your Account, you may do so by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If you terminate your Account, any association between your Account and information we store will no longer be accessible through your Account. We may retain an archived copy of your records as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
- The right to restrict processing
- You have the right to request that Zippin restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing
- You have the right to object to Zippin’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability
- You have the right to request that Zippin transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email email@example.com.
- Cookies are used to collect standard internet log information and visitor behavior information.
- When visiting Zippin websites, information may be automatically collected through cookies or similar technology.
- Cookies used by Zippin do not contain personal information and are not combined with other personal information to identify individuals.
- Functionality cookies are used to recognize users and remember their preferences, while advertising cookies collect information for advertising purposes.
- Limited aspects of data collected through cookies may be shared with third parties for advertising purposes.
- Users can manage cookies by adjusting browser settings and removing cookies.
- Disabling cookies may affect certain website features, so it is recommended to keep cookies enabled for optimal functionality.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
How to contact the appropriate authority
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your Personal Information.
- For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
U.S. state law requirements
- Some U.S. state privacy laws, such as CCPA (California) and VCDPA (Virginia) for example, have specific disclosure requirements for state residents.
- CCPA and VCDPA provide the right to request information about how Zippin collects, uses, and discloses personal information.
- CCPA and VCDPA grant the right to access, correct, and delete personal information, and the right to opt out of certain profiling and targeted advertising.
- CCPA and VCDPA protect against discrimination for exercising privacy rights.
- CCPA requires a description of data practices using specific categories, as mentioned above.
- Additional details can be provided upon request.
International Users & GDPR
- Your Personal Information may be transferred and processed in countries other than your country of residence.
- These countries may have different data protection laws, potentially offering less protection than your country.
- Zippin's platform is primarily hosted in the United States.
- By providing your information to Zippin, you consent to the transfer of your information to the United States and its onward transfer to other entities, regardless of their location.
- Zippin implements safeguards to ensure an adequate level of data protection for transfers outside of the EEA and UK, such as using standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission.
- Similar safeguards are implemented with third-party service providers and partners.
- Additional details can be provided upon request.